12 October 2012

Thing 19: Integrating Things

My breather for Thing 19 turned out to be oh-so-much longer than a week! But it is the busiest time of the year so not unexpected... Now I come to reflect back, I'm feeling a little downhearted as I'm not sure I have made that many changes to my ways of working so far. I think this is partly due to the fact that I was already using some of the tools a lot (Dropbox, Google Docs, Evernote, Screencast-o-matic) but it was good to know that use of these was recommended. Then there are tools that I do want to use better (Google Calendar, Prezi, Mendeley) but I just haven't yet had the chance to develop this use. The timing of the course has been bad for me as I was on holiday for a chunk of August, then we start getting really busy with teaching after that. Excuses, excuses....I'll blog if I get there!

I do think however CPD23 has changed my way of thinking about networks and events and getting out there more. I find I'm scanning event announcements quite eagerly to pick my opportunity to get out and about. I also look with regret at the network meetings I can't go to in Wales! I sincerely hope I WILL be going to the ALIS Wales conference in November as long as work will to pay (pretty please!) and look forward to meeting other Disability-support staff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment